The CityRails Transit Photo Archive
Photo of Scollay Under Station.
Scollay Under Station.

Situated a matter of a few feet from Court Street Station, is the burgundy and white "Scollay Under" ceramic tiled station sign, used in the East Boston Tunnel. Trolleys used the station, beginning in 1916, with the opening of the East Boston Tunnel Extension. Court Street Station was eliminated and Scollay Under and Bowdoin were added for the run under the harbor to East Boston's Maverick Square. In 1963 the station was re-named Government Center Station, following the elimination of Scollay Square and construction of City Hall Plaza.

Photographed by Paul Joyce, 1988.
Added to the photo archive by Paul Joyce, July 14, 2006.
Railroad: MTA (Metropolitan Transit Authority - Boston).

Paul Joyce's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.