PCC 25, signed up as a "SPECIAL"-probably a training car,
approaches the Franklin Ave. Loop on Public Service's Newark City Subway. The stub track in the cobblestone pavement is the former inbound main track, from when
the Franklin Ave. terminal was stub ended, before the loop was built, for the arrival
of the PCCs. Original track also extended a few hundred feet farther north.
Photographed by Lee Carlson, January, 1959.
Added to the photo archive by Lee Carlson, January 4, 2010.
Railroad: New Jersey Transit.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.