CRANDIC Interurban 118 at the Seashore Trolley Museum
Car 118 is a high speed interurban car built in 1930 for the Cincinnati and Lake Erie Railroad in Ohio. After rail service was suspended six of the cars were sold to the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway in Iowa. The cars represented the best that electric rail technology could provide in 1930 with speeds near 90 MPH and comfortable seating in a car operated by one man.
Photographed by Robert E. Kelly, September 7, 2009.
Added to the photo archive by Bob Kelly, September 7, 2009.
Railroad: Seashore Trolley Museum.
|Bob Kelly's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.