Illinois Terminal 104
One of two surviving Alton high-speed center-door cars, IT 104 was built by American Car Company in 1917. It was originally Alton Granite & St. Louis 64 and was used on the line to Alton until its abandonment, at which time it was rebuilt for use as a backup car for the Granite City suburban service. It has been preserved at the Museum of Transportation since 1958.
Photographed by Frank Hicks, July 12, 2009.
Added to the photo archive by Frank Hicks, July 15, 2009.
Railroad: Illinois Terminal.