Illinois Terminal 241
The most original of the preserved Illinois Terminal mainline interurban cars is 241, built by American Car & Foundry in 1908. Unlike most IT cars, 241 never lost its arched stained-glass windows or railroad roof, and was retired in 1950 in largely as-built condition. It is preserved at the Museum of Transportation near St. Louis.
Photographed by Frank Hicks, July 12, 2009.
Added to the photo archive by Frank Hicks, July 15, 2009.
Railroad: Illinois Terminal.