The CityRails Transit Photo Archive
 
 
Photo of Orange Empire Railway Museum Perris California
Orange Empire Railway Museum Perris California

Orange Empire Railway Museum Perris California

Car 3165 was the last streetcar delivered to Los Angeles prior to the current generation of "light rail" operations. It was the final car of a 40-unit order of "All-Electric" PCCs purchased by Los Angeles Railway successor Los Angeles Transit Lines. This car and its 39 sisters entered service on the Pico Blvd. "P" line in October of 1948, and remained there until the end of streetcar service in 1963. The car's green paint scheme was adopted by the Los Angeles M.T.A., which assumed control of the L.A.'s public transportation system in 1958.

http://salaamallahvideos.tripod.com/
http://www.customflix.com/208750
http://www.flickr.com/photos/salaamallah/
http://salaamallah.rrpicturearchives.net/

photographed by the #1 & original
one and only west coast
transitphotoraphy king

Photographed by The Original And Best ) Salaam Allah West Coast Transitphotography KING!, March 7, 2009.
Added to the photo archive by Salaam Allah, March 14, 2009.
Railroad: Orange Empire Railway Museum.

Salaam Allah's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:

http://photos.cityrails.net/s/?p=137102
 
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Del.icio.us Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.


You must be logged on to post comments.

 
Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.